- Vriesea is commonly known as the “flaming sword”.
- It is a beautiful bromeliad with a lance-shaped or linear foliage.
- The foliage is green or purple and often crossbands of dark brown.
- The flowers shapes vary and are short-stalked.
- Hs flattened spike-like racemes or panicles.
- The long flower that rises above the foliage has flat and bright red bracts like a sword.
- Gowing and caring for this plant is not difficult.
- They are adaptable to a wide range of light compared to other house plants.
- Thrives well in shaded areas as well as areas with bright indirect sunlight.
- Prefers well-watered soil not soggy or excessively wet soil.
- It can be fertilised using a slightly acidic and diluted fertiliser.
Stocks available for sale in Capalaba Nursery Brisbane.