- Also known as the “bird of paradise”.
- This is a classic tropical flower on long thick stems.
- Shaped like a bird’s beak and crest and has orange and purple shade.
- The large oar-shaped foliage forms in upright clumps
- Suitable for tropical-style gardens, poolsides and large containers.
- Requires full sun to a partly shaded position to grow.
- Needs mulch and water regularly until the plant establishes.
- Remove the spent flowers and old foliage when required
- After maturing, separate new shoots and plant elsewhere in the garden.
Available for sale in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.