- Also known as “tree rose”
- Standard roses are grafted onto long stems and grown on a hardy rootstock.
- They usually come in different heights.
- A little bit expensive than common bush roses.
- Usually, come in different colours.
- Heights vary from 70 cm, 85 cm and 105 cms.
- Suited for growing in containers and patio areas.
- Like many roses, they require a support stake to grow.
- Requires pruning every year to prevent the top from getting heavy for the stem.
- Pruning can influence heavy flowering.
- Requires organic fertiliser application during springs.
- Benefits greater from growing in the garden.
Fresh stock available in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.