- The palmate pattern of leaf veins is marked in some species.
- Visible as furrows in the leaves or as coloured lines.
- Most Peperomias have tiny flowers.
- They are which are characterised by greenish or brown conical spike (spadix).
- Peperomia is an attractive houseplant.
- Peperomia grows well in light to moderate light.
- They can be easily grown under fluorescent lights.
- Requires moist soil during the growing season with relatively high humidity through spraying.
- A loose, well-drained, rich potting mix is favourable for the plant.
- Peperomia do well in a relatively cool environment.
- Does not likes dry spells.
- Requires diluted liquid fertiliser biweekly during the growing season.
- Controlled-release fertilizer pellets can also be used.
Stock available in Capalaba Nursery Brisbane.