- Also known as “olive” and “Olea europae.
- Bears small, white and feathery flowers with ten-cleft calyx and corolla.
- Requires full sun for fruit production.
- Needs light winter chill for the fruits develop.
- Olives are not tolerant of excessive wetness.
- They can grow in nutrient-poor, but well-drained soils of 5-8.5 pH levels.
- Olives require 40 to 100 pounds of actual nitrogen per acre annually.
- This can be supplied with legume cover crops or composted manure.
Stocks available in Capalaba Nursery Brisbane.