- Also known as New Zealand Christmas Bush.
- Varies from a shrub to a small tree.
- Has soft new growth at most times of the year.
- This shrub has a lime green through silver to light green foliage.
- The flowers are fluffy and vibrant orange-red pincushion flowers.
- Blooms in spring-summer.
- Tolerant to salt and sand.
- Plant in full sun for rich foliage colour and flowering.
- Part shade is also appreciable.
- Requires free or well-drained clay loams and sandy soil with a neutral to acid pH for growing.
- Requires light pruning after flowering.
- Apply a native-plant fertiliser early spring or at planting for the best results.
Stocks are available in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.