- A tropical fruit that has a sweet-smelling saffron-coloured pulp.
- Popular in most countries that originated in Western India.
- Addressed as the “King of Fruits” for its taste and flavour.
- The flowers are whitish-green in colour.
- Mostly blooms in spring or summer.
- Quite easy to grow.
- Requires a well-fertilised soil with the right plant feed for establishment.
- Requires weed control and water enhancement in soils.
- Requires full sunlight.
- Loamy, alluvial, well-drained and aerated soils are preferable.
- Organic manure or fertilisers are useful for the plant.
Stocks are available in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.