- This is a perennial woody vine of the honeysuckle family.
- It climbs by twisting its stems around vertical structures.
- Including limbs and trunks of shrubs and small trees.
- The leaves are oblong to oval-shaped.
- They are sometimes lobed and have short stalks while occurring in pairs along the stem.
- The flowers are tubular with five fused petals.
- The colours vary from white to pink, turning yellow with age.
- Smells like sweet-scented vanilla.
- Requires semi-shade to full sun for growing.
- To keep this shrub neat and tidy, pruning is required in late winter.
- Application of a balanced fertiliser enhances growth.
- A toxic plant with poisonous berries and should be kept away from children.
- A great ornamental plant for decoration.
Available for purchase in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.