- Heliconias are tropical plants originating mostly from Central and South America.
- Most Heliconias will live and grow in shady areas.
- Likes high humidity, moist soil, bright light with organic-rich soil.
- A protected position and good drainage are preferable for growth.
- Heliconias are heavy feeders.
- Fertilising and mulching during the growing season are highly required.
- Their lush green leaves and stunning flowers make them highly sought tropical plant.
Fresh stocks are available in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.