- A soft like ripe fruit, but not juicy like custard apples.
- The flesh of the fruit is pulpy and jellylike but grainy from the seeds.
- The floret filaments contain a dense stringiness.
- A native fruit of the Mediterranean rich in calcium, fibre and antioxidants.
- They are hardy and drought-resistant on established.
- Requires mulch every year to maintain a cool root.
- Well-rotten compost and cow manure can also be added.
- Monthly watering with liquid seaweed fertilizer would be beneficial.
- Fig trees require very little pruning and can be left for 3 – 4 years before shaping.
Stock available for sale in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane