- Bougainvillea is commonly known as “paper flower”.
- It is a thorned ornamental vine, bush and trees.
- The flowers resemble spring leaves near the actual flowers.
- Colour ranges from white to dark pink.
- They are a pest-free plant.
- They may occasionally suffer from worms, snails or aphids.
- Bougainvilleas need support to cover like a wall, fence or any other area.
- Little care is needed to adjust their branches behind the support areas.
- These tropical climbers are mostly suited for large containers or garden during summers.
- Should be kept frost-free.
- Requires well-drained and fertile soils to flourish.
- Mature plants can be high fertiliser feeders.
- High phosphorus with micronutrient-rich slow releasing fertilisers would be favourable
Fresh stock available in Capalaba nursery, Brisbane.