- Bay leaf trees is a large shrub or a small tree with dark aromatic leaves.
- Mostly known and used for bay leaf seasoning.
- The dark green leaves are around 2-4 cms wide with 6-12 cms in length.
- The flowers are small pale yellow-green in colour.
- They occur in pairs beside the leaves.
- The fruit of this tree is small shiny and black.
- They are popularly known as “bay tree”, “sweet bay”, “Grevian Laurel”.
- Bay trees thrive well in Mediterranean and Oceanic climates.
- They prefer to grow in full sunlight or part shade areas with well-drained soil.
- Watering should not be frequent. Time should be given to dry before repeating.
- They prefer moist soil.
- Excessive water or dry can kill the plant.
Fresh Bay leaf trees are available in Capalaba Nursery, Brisbane.