- Banksia is an iconic Australian plant.
- They are tough native plants.
- Banksias have narrow and linear leaves of around 15 mm long.
- The flower spikes are long and arranged with yellow to orange in colour.
- Mostly prefers acidic with light to medium-bodied well-drained soils.
- Highly resistant to harsh climates and soil conditions.
- The sweet-smelling flowers attract nectarivorous insects and birds.
- Banksia prefers a well-drained sandy solid.
- They are most favourable for full sun to partial shade.
- Tolerant to mild frosts.
- Attractive flower arrangements can be made with the blooms in summer.
Avail fresh stock of banksias from Capalaba Nursery in Brisbane.